IRA Financial has created the self-directed retirement market’s first retirement plan mobile application. The new app enables retirement investors to create a basic user account, answer simple questions and digitally sign documents. The development of the app is part of the company strategy to help Solo 401(k) and self-directed IRA holders establish their plan and perform ongoing account management.
Basic Actions You Can Make:
- Move and Rollover funds
- Direct alternative asset investments
- Make contributions or take distributions
We’re changing How You Self-Direct Your Retirement Plan!
Step by Step Process
Create your account and choose which retirement plan you wish to establish: the self-directed IRA or Solo 401(k) for small business owners and self-employed individuals.
Once you have selected your retirement plan, follow the few steps provided. Make sure you have all the necessary information before getting started.
For a self-directed IRA, you will need the following:
- Your current government issued photo ID
- What type of ID you choose to use (passport, driver’s license, etc.)
- ID number
- The issuing jurisdiction
For a Solo 401(k), you will need the following:
- Adopting employer
- Name of the entity that will adopt the Solo 401(k) plan
- Tax ID# of the entity adopting the Solo 401(k) plan or Social Security number of the individual adopting the Solo 401(k) as a sole proprietor
- Address of the Adopting Employer
Benefits of the IRA Financial App
- Faster account establishment
- More secure account information
- Lower costs of establishing your retirement plan
- Reduces time to complete the investment process
The IRA Financial retirement app will release new features in phase two of its development process to create a more intuitive platform for Self-Directed IRA and Solo 401(k) investors.
“I am super excited about the upcoming features that will be available on our app,” says Adam Bergman, President of IRA Financial. “Clients will soon be able to talk or chat live with a self-directed retirement specialist and be able to transfer funds into their self-directed IRA account electronically.”
Self-directed retirement investors will also have the ability to make investments paperless, directly from the app.
Features of Phase 2 Include:
- Investment Authorization Form for Checkbook-Controlled IRA’s
- Investment Authorization Form for Custodian-Controlled IRA’s
- Required Minimum Distribution Request Form
- Beneficiary Designation Form
- Prohibited Transaction Questionnaire for Checkbook-Controlled IRA’s
- Prohibited Transaction Questionnaire for Custodian-Controlled IRA’s
Live instant chat feature with a certified tax specialist at IRA Financial.
The new features will enable customers to accomplish more account maintenance tasks and gain better control over their retirement plan.