How ROBS Business Financing Works
ROBS gives you access to your retirement funds without having to borrow or cash them out. They can be used to fund a new business (or franchise), buy an existing business, or recapitalize your business.
Why work with us
Experience You Need
IRA Financial Group has over a decade of experience helping investors self-direct their retirement accounts.
A Team You Can Trust
Our tax and ERISA professionals have helped over 12,000 clients invest $3 billion in alternative assets.
IFG founder Adam Bergman is a leading voice on self-directed retirement & has authored 7 books on self-directing.
How Does the ROBS Solution Work?
- An entrepreneur or existing business owner establishes a new C Corporation
- The C Corporation adopts a prototype 401(k) plan that specifically permits plan participants to direct the investment of their plan accounts into a selection of investment options, including employer stock, also known as “qualifying employer securities”
- The entrepreneur elects to participate in the new 401(k) plan and, as permitted by the plan, directs a rollover or trustee-to-trustee transfer of retirement funds from another qualified retirement plan into the newly adopted 401(k) plan
- The entrepreneur then directs the investment of his or her 401(k) plan account to purchase the C Corporation’s newly issued stock at fair market value ( i.e., the amount that the entrepreneur wishes to invest in the new business)
- The C Corporation utilizes the proceeds from the sale of stock to purchase an existing business or to begin a new venture.
“What about your IRA, including rollover IRA? You need to look at state law, advises tax attorney Adam Bergman of IRA Financial Group. ‘If you have a judgment against you and you don’t file for bankruptcy, most states will still protect your IRA…’”
“Adam Bergman…gets several calls a day from clients looking to invest their retirement funds in real estate. ‘Our average client…is looking to buy one or two properties. After 2008, they didn’t trust Wall Street. They wanted hard assets.’”
“Jeff Brown…transferred roughly $50,000 from his workplace 401(k) account to purchase homes to fix up and sell, partnering with a few other investors. He uses a self-directed IRA that he set up through IRA Financial Group in Miami Beach, Fla.”
16k+ Customers Love IRA Financial
“IRA Financial have been professional, accessible and super supportive. I would recommend them to anyone looking to navigate the murky waters of setting up a Self-Directed IRA or ROBS…I looked all over the web, spoke to local accountants/attorneys who told me no, can’t be done. When I came across IFC on the web, it seemed too good to be true…Because of their amazing work over the past 8-9 months, my company is off the ground, and we are on track to have an amazing first year!”
“I have to tell you how pleased we are with the services of your office IRA Financial and especially Enrique Estrada. He has been incredibly responsive to our issues in setting up the new “C” Corp with the ROBS 401K funds.”
Wes Fritz – General Ins. Agency Inc
“My corporate marketing role was eliminated after 15 years. It gave me the idea to finally start working for myself. But then fear set in and for weeks I felt paralyzed…The professionals at IRA Financial Group helped me take the leap of faith I needed and now I’m operating and feeling so confident backed by their strong support network. It’s so worth the investment.”
Tekisha Boone, MN
Get a Free Consultation With a Tax Specialist!
9:00am-7:00pm EST | Monday-Friday
Got a question? Give us a call at 1-888-472-0648 to learn more, or fill out the form below and a specialist will get in touch with you.