Solo 401(k) Plan Client Acknowledgement
IRA Financial Group is committed to helping our clients make safe and financially rewarding investments with their self-directed retirement accounts. Self-directed Solo 401(k) plans can be a safe way to invest retirement funds, offering you considerable control and freedom over your retirement assets. Accordingly, it is important to remember that IRA Financial Group or any party cannot guarantee the success of any investment. Investors should undertake their own evaluation of the merits of a proposal, and should check with regulators about the background and history of an investment and its promoters before making any investment decision involving a self-directed retirement account.
Please acknowledge (by checking the box at the end) your understanding of the statements below:
- I affirm that the retirement plan I am establishing is self-directed and that I am solely responsible for the success or failure of my investments.
- I affirm that IRA Financial Group is in no way responsible for providing legal, investment advice or recommendations, and that IRA Financial Group is not a “fiduciary” for my Solo 401(k) plan as such term is defined in the Internal Revenue Code (“IRC”), ERISA, Blacks Legal Dictionary or any other applicable federal, state or local laws.
- I affirm that I hereby give my consent to IRA Financial Group to: (a) have my telephone conversations recorded for training and compliance purposes, (b) accept e-mail as a form of written communication, and (c) accept faxed and/or electronic investment documents.
- I affirm that I hold harmless, protect and indemnify IRA Financial Group and its employees from and against any and all liabilities, losses, damages, expenses and charges, including but not limited to attorney’s fees and expenses of litigation, which IRA Financial Group may sustain or might sustain resulting directly or indirectly from any action or claim resulting from my self-directed retirement account investment.
- I understand and acknowledge that IRA Financial Group will not review the prudence, viability or merits of any of my retirement account investments and I am solely responsible for electing to make any such investments.
- I understand and acknowledge that I should have all investments reviewed by an attorney and/or tax advisor prior to making any investment involving my Solo 401(k) plan. I understand that it is my sole responsibility to notify IRA Financial Group with respect to any questions regarding the IRS prohibited transaction rules and my Solo 401(k) investments. I further acknowledge that IRA Financial Group is not responsible for reviewing any self-directed Solo 401(k) investments or transactions for the purpose of evaluating merit or performance.
- I acknowledge and understand that it is my sole responsibility to select and manage the investment held within my retirement account and that IRA Financial Group is in no way responsible for monitoring the performance of the investment held within my Solo 401(k) plan.
- I acknowledge that once my self-directed retirement investments have been made, they are not FDIC insured and are subject to loss in value. The self-directed retirement account may involve substantial risk, may lack liquidity, and may result in total loss of the retirement account investment.
We will never share, sell, or rent the information you provide us.