What is Robs
The Rollover as Business Startup (ROBS) Solution is an IRS and ERISA approved structure that allows investors to use their retirement funds to invest in a new or existing business/franchise. This is the only legal way to use your retirement funds to invest in a business you or another disqualified person will be personally involved in without triggering the IRS prohibited transaction rules.
The Rollover for Business Start-up solution is great for retirement account investors who want to:
- Invest in themselves
- Start a new business
- Fund or grow an existing business
- Earn a salary and be involved in the business
- Diversify their investments
The ROBS Solution is Easy with IRA Financial
IRA Financial was founded by Adam Bergman, a tax attorney to help investors take control of their retirement funds. IRA Financial works to educate their clients on how to properly use the rollover business start-up solution to invest in themselves. When you work with IRA Financial, you experience the full IRA Financial Difference.
- Expertise: IRA Financial has helped thousands of clients over the years use their retirement funds to start or fund a business without tax.
- Experience: Our company has over a decade of experience helping more than 23,000 clients in all 50 states invest over 3.5 billion in alternative asset investments.
- Reputation: Founder, Adam Bergman, is the nation’s leading voice of self-directed retirement solutions. He has authored eight books, including the first book on using retirement funds to buy a business.
- Assurance: You will work one-on-one with an ERISA specialist. When you establish an account, your specialist will assist in completing all necessary documents, agreements, and provide free (unlimited) consultations.
In sum the ROBS solution is an IRS approved solution for using retirement funds to invest in an active trade or business that is operated by the 401(k)-plan participant or a family member. To take advantage of all the ROBS tax benefits, it is important to work with a company, such as IRA Financial, that can make sure the structure is established it is maintained in full IRS compliance. To this end, it is wise to work with tax attorneys or specialized tax professionals who can help you navigate the complex IRS and ERISA rules involved in the ROBS solution.